Photoset with 1 note
I’m working on this Taylor T5 for my friend Sam. They make it nearly impossible to get this part if you aren’t a Taylor authorized warranty repairman.
15% off all the Hero-Glyphics prints for 24hrs only, HERE.
These are absolutely awesome. I wonder if he makes a Batman one I could get for my girlfriend.
So I just found out that I can get some new ribs for my Kay bass for $50 each from Englehardt. I think I’m going to save up and do it :)
Photo with 1 note
The nice thing about having a day off in the middle of the week: I’ve done so much work on my gear that I’ve been neglecting for months (or in this case, years!)
This Epiphone Granada had a bad headstock break when I initially received it. I fixed the break nearly 2 years ago, and I always thought I’d refret it at some point. So, I never finished making the nut.
Now that I have some time, I’m doing a proper setup on this old girl. I figure if I ever refret it, I can just shim the nut. Til then, I’ll just play the darn thing :)
Photo with 6 notes
I just swapped out the saddles on my Japanese Bullet Bass, I think the black looks a little better. They’re just as old and beat up as my chrome saddles were, but it’s harder to tell from the stage. I also took off the white pickup covers, and taped around the coils to keep them out of the elements.
I might get some black knobs, would that be overkill on the black? Probably. Maybe I can find mostly black ones with a chrome accent.
Photo with 2 notes
I’m currently working on this bench and table combo for my “dining room” :). The table came from goodwill, and my girlfriend helped me paint the legs for the table and benches. I just stained the bench tops, next I need to drill the screw holes in the legs.
Photo with 1 note
Here is another little wood-warping project. This bow came with my Great-Grandmother’s Cello (a beautiful thing from the late 1800’s), but someone had left it strung up for years before I got a hold of it.
I’ve slackened the hair, and I’ll be adding a little more weight to my mason jar as the next month progresses. A few screws from my pocket at the end of my day should do the trick nicely. Hopefully I can get this bow into a much more useable state.
Page 1 of 16